Tuesday, July 12, 2011

accident

Got the scare of my life yesterday. I was driving to a store with 80 km/hour. I approached a crossroad. There was a car waiting to go left on my right. He was driving slowly toward the road I was driving at, he stopped, then started driving slowly toward the road, he stopped. The driver looked to my side of the road and I was sure he had seen me. Then all of a sudden, he drove slowly on the road where I was approaching (this sounds like it took ages for me to get to that crossroad, this seems to be, in matter of fact it was a matter of seconds but in your experience it seems to take hours, all in slow motion). He got on the road, and I could not act like I should. Should I quickly go right or brake or.... I was panicking and did... nothing. I stared him in hos face, he quickly tried to give more gas and I crashed into him. He had a combo and hit him at the back. After a while (seconds, minutes?) I got awake.


I had to pick up my legs because the pedals where all pushed inside. The guys in the combo where all blurry too, they were picking up their tools that lay all over the street.


It is strange to experience a crash, I looked at the over thinking, oh my gosh, am I going to kill this guy???


Everything turned out okay. Nobody was hurt, unbelievable because it all happened so fast and I was driving kind of fast. Called my friend, she said there was an angel on my shoulder. Must have been, heard stories of people crashing at much lower speeds that were enjured for life or worse that were dead!


Today I am reliving this incident over and over and over and over. Did I react well, should I have done it differently. On the otherside, in my thoughts it took minutes but for real it were seconds to make a decision. The guy was hesitating and when I was at 3 meters distance off him, he decided to ride across. I could not have done something else.


I am just sick of this accident, really afraid of driving now. Should go driving later or melse I might not ever start again. The muscle ache is killing me. The blast shook me all over and I feel muscles where I did not realise I had any. The important thing is, We all made it out in one piece, no scratches just shook up!