Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Going out in Eindhoven, Santiago de Cuba

Finally after a long time we all went out together again. We arived at a friends house in Eindhoven at about 00.00 and had some drinks. After we finished the drinks, we all went to Eindhoven.
When we first arrived, there was not much going on but after a while, the streets were packed.
Ever since smoking inside has been forbidden the streets are just crowded with people.
To the right you see an older picture of the barstreet when it is crowded, forget to take pictures of it saturdaynight.
Well after checking out some pubs and clubs, we finally discovered Santiago de Cuba. Heaven.
Upstair was a salsa room and well it was not really crowded but comfortable full of people, if you catch my drift? In there was a dj turning records. As you may well know summer has not been here, it has been raining for months now and we really miss that summery feeling. Well saturdaynight, the summerfeeling was back! These songs just made it summer instantly. Everybody was salsadancing and having the time of their life.
Some guy took me in his arms and twirled me around the room.. Until I got too dizzy and I took a break, LOL. We had a couple of drinks, met up with some friends and had a great night. At the bar we saw some friends and got a ride home.
This is Bar Santiago de Cuba when empty...

When we were in the car driving home, I was almost sleeping, it was 5.00 am so not really strange. Then all of a sudden there was a strange noise. We asked what it was. The driver said, I think it was a cars headrest. We all smiled, yeah right, I have never droven into a headrest before. A few seconds, another noise. What was that? A headrest? The driver said carefully. We stopped and checked it out.
And indeed, not one but two headrest were laying on the road, just survived the ride they had beneath our car. I will tell you, I have had some items crashing into my car and driven over some stuff but a headrest from inside a car? Never let alone, two of them!

This was a spectacular ending of a very good evening, at 6.30 I hit my bed and guess I slept at 6.35.