Friday, February 17, 2012

Vacation, whaaa

I am really longing for a vacation and I actually cannot wait. Still I have not found anything that really got me excited, which means look further for me! Tomorrow Carnaval begins in the south of Holland and everybody is excited. However we are all excited tomorrow, by monday the friendly, festive atmosphere usually turns into drunk, agressive behaviour. So I will definately go out but not after sunday.



Sunday there is a parade and the youth will get on carts and drive through town. The parade starts at 13.11 and that is the time they will start drinking too, you can imagine, sunday is usually not the busiest of days in the pubs since most are hammered at 16.00.

A few years back an accident occured and a young boy fell of the cart and died. Since then it is forbidden to use any alcohol during the parade. However forbidden the participants are very clever and have several ways to still use alcohol. It is said some of them even got a producer of lemonade to put beer in lemonade cans....

Please people, carnaval is sucha great party, keep it a party and behave!