Friday, May 4, 2012

Bada, is it really going anywhere?



Two years ago I got a new phone, a Samsung Wave. It was state of the art at the time. It came with this new software "Bada". Now two years later, I cannot connect with friends on whats app, my facebook app does not work properly and so on. In the two years there were numerous of apps designed and brought onto the market. Free and paid. Still there is no "Whatsapp" for Bada. Is this a way to force users to change to android phones? In my opinion it might be. Still, considering this Bada was a great risk at the time and well I really regret taking it. In two years android phones developed with the market, while my bada just stayed there, it developed but slowly.

I think there might be a future but it will be a great war to compete with Android.

Today I got my android and a world opened up. I finally came out of my cave and saw what this "Whatsapp"was all about, QR codes?!

I was pleased with Bada but all things considered, I would never ever get a phone with a new kind of software, it is just a large risk! I do think it is brave of the developers to keep fighting and try to make it work, I wish they will succeed!



BADA      vs     Android